Event Phone: 02 6643 1528
|Depositshow details +||$200.70 (AUD)||Expired|
for 09 Linda MacAulay: Seeing the Light in Acrylics
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: April 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Sales End: May 29, 2018 11:59 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- April 13, 2019 - April 17, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Landscape, Streetscape, Seascape, Time allowing a Still Life session.
You may enrol and pay a $195.00 DEPOSIT either using our online store. Please note that there will be a $5.70 PayPal transaction fee added to the deposit price for when using our online store. Or by downloading and completing a 2019 Application Form (PDF) or the 2019 Application Form Word DOC and posting with your payment. With the final payment due by Friday, February 1, 2019. Progressive payments are acceptable. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Fees for 2019 will be
- $655.00 – Adult Full Fee
- $630.00 – Seniors Card
- $590.00 – Australian Pension Concession Card
- $300.00 – Student
This workshop won’t change your life, but it will teach you how to see and realistically reproduce the effects of light on the landscape using acrylics. Through a mix of formal teaching exercises, step by step demonstrations and guidance, Linda will teach you the fundamentals necessary to capture the light and create more realistic paintings using acrylics.
Focusing on landscapes, seascapes and streetscapes this workshop will show you how you can render any subject quickly and authentically in paint. Although our subject will be the landscape, this five-day intensive program aims to give you the tools and confidence to tackle any subject realistically.
With an emphasis on the use of tone, line, perspective, colour mixing, brushwork and glazing this workshop is suitable for beginner painters through to those who recognise the need to consolidate their painting skills.
Linda uses a fun, easy to follow, step by step teaching method that is designed to teach you the skills necessary to paint. Linda will be providing written notes for the workshop.
Day One: Pebbles Painting
We will complete a step by step Pebbles painting which will teach you a number of the foundation skills necessary to create more realistic looking acrylic paintings. Through the process of completing the painting, we will cover the following,
- Tonal underpainting -Learn how to use a tonal underpainting to accurately create the effect of light on curved objects and set a good foundation for your finished work.
- Extended Drying Times -Explore the different methods you can use to extend the drying time of acrylic paint.
- Smooth Blending Techniques -Learn how to blend acrylic paint using wet and dry brushing techniques.
- Brushwork -Improve your brushwork to enable you to create quick and efficient brush marks.
- Creating textures – Add mediums to your paint to create texture.
- Introduction to glazing – Acrylics are perfect for glazing as they are fast drying. Learn how to use multiple transparent glazes to add depth and glow to your artworks.
Day Two: Seascapes
- We will complete a step by step sea scapes painting using glazing and tonal layering.
- Consolidating techniques from day one
- Exploring different methods for making and applying acrylic glazes.
Day Three: Landscapes
We will complete a step by step landscape painting which will include the following techniques,
- Painting the light rather than the subject.
- Using aerial perspective to create depth and atmospheric effects within the landscape.
- Choosing a composition or recomposing the subject to create balance and interest in your work.
Day Four: Streetscapes and linear perspective.
During this session we will learn the use of planes and line in landscapes. We will also focus on:
- How to simplify a complicated subject.
- Using linear perspective
Day Five: Application
This is where you bring it all together by applying the techniques you have learnt to your painting. Linda will guide and support you as you bring your own work to life.
This workshop is open to all comers 18 years and over.
Venue: Grafton High School
Please Note: All workshops run concurrently this allows you to only enrol in one workshop. Fay Boyd’s Fine Art School will be held at the Grafton High School. There will be twenty-two 5-day workshops on offer with tutors who have been selected to provide students with professional, expert tuition in their chosen form of the Visual Arts. Grafton is situated on the Northern Rivers of NSW approximately halfway between Sydney and Brisbane. Access to Grafton is possible via car, plane, bus or train. WORKSHOP INFORMATION – Following your enrolment you will receive your Student Requirement List, a Models Fee (if applicable), and a map of Grafton plus general information for your convenience. WORKSHOP VENUE – All workshops will be held at the Grafton High School. Classrooms will be allocated on the first morning of the School. SCHOOL CAFETERIA – Lunch, Morning and Afternoon Tea will be available on Campus, pre-ordering of lunches will also be offered. Your support of this small local business offering fresh home cooking would be greatly appreciated. MEDICAL ATTENTION AND INSURANCE – The organiser holds Public Liability Insurance only; students are advised to take out independent policies for sickness, accident benefits, and personal possessions should you wish. The Emergency Department at the Grafton Base Hospital is open 24 hours a day for any emergency treatment required. ACCOMMODATION – Please book your accommodation early. A list of suggested hotels, motels, etc. is available from our Accommodation Page. If you need help or advice, please do not hesitate to phone the office on 02 6643 1528.