Our 2019 list of Workshops
are now online and available to purchase a deposit to secure your place in one of these fascinating visual art workshops.
Only 1 place left in this fabulous workshop.
Make your Colours Sing with the Birds and the Bees
PLANTS & POLLINATORS
This intensive workshop will challenge and reward you on many levels and will extend your overall knowledge of painting techniques while discovering the unique methods of adding pollinators to plants. Identify the correct pollinators which could be birds, bees or butterflies for your plant or flower subject. It is an exciting skill to learn how to place them to create the greatest impact, and it also gives further interest and information to the botanical subject. Bring your chosen plant and images you have for a pollinator subject. Along the way, you will discover the importance of the processes needed for outstanding botanical paintings.
Open to the Intermediate to Advanced Artists only.
The focus of this workshop will be mainly acrylic painting techniques using texture, design, and colour with some mixed media (charcoal, pastel etc). You will be playing with backgrounds and also be learning many different application techniques. Exciting colours and colour combinations will be used, taking reference from nature and life and applying our own little twists. We will get a bit more adventurous and explore the unknown, and also resurrect some old works. For those not so adventurous there is always plenty of detail to apply which is included in the process anyway, a bit of fine-tuning.
03. Malcolm Carver – Sketching and Watercolour Painting 1 Vacancy
06. Paul McDonald Smith – Landscape, Still life and portraits. 2 Vacancies
07. Fiona Craig -Painting Flowers in Oils 1 Vacancy
10. Chris Postle – Adventures in Acrylics 3 Vacancies
12. Jenni Kelly – Funtastic Acrylic 1 Vacancy
15. Cees Sliedrecht – What’s New in Pen and Wash 1 Vacancy
18. Janet Matthews – Honeyeaters and Flowering Gum in Pencil, Colour Pencil, and Graphite. 1 Vacancy
01. Kasey Sealy – The Importance of Timing in Watercolour 3 VACANCIES AVAILABLE
02. Amanda Hyatt – Amanda’s Other Art 1 VACANCY AVAILABLE
06. Paul McDonald Smith – Landscape, Still life and portraits. 2 VACANCIES AVAILABLE
07. Fiona Craig -Painting Flowers in Oils 2 VACANCIES AVAILABLE
10. Chris Postle – Adventures in Acrylics 3 VACANCIES AVAILABLE
12. Jenni Kelly – Funtastic Acrylic 1 VACANCY AVAILABLE
16. Leonie Norton – Plants and Pollinators, the birds and the bees. 2 VACANCIES AVAILABLE
18. Janet Matthews – Honeyeaters and Flowering Gum in Pencil, Colour Pencil, and Graphite. 1 VACANCY AVAILABLE