Wildlife in Pencil, Graphite, Colour Pencil& Watercolour Pencil
Janet Matthews Dip and Grad Dip Vis Arts, WASF, AGRAF.
This is a workshop that will explore how to draw wildlife with personality and detail as well as learn many techniques for using Colour Pencil, Graphite and Watercolour pencil. Graphite – Janet will share her techniques in graphite, drawing a long haired animal, using resist methods, blenders, erasers and how to use the full range of different pencils. Colour pencil – Colour Pencil is a versatile and brilliant medium, and Janet will share her special techniques, then she will show how to do specific textures relevant to wildlife, for instance fur, feathers and eyes. Using all these techniques, you will then draw an animal and a bird in colour pencil. Watercolour pencil – Finally, learn how to use watercolour pencils, ideal for adding in some backgrounds to your colour pencil drawings. Janet teaches with a step by step demonstration process and then individual tuition. This workshop is limited to 12 students. Workshops open to beginners and advanced students. 0418 546 554, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.janetmatthews.com.au
Janet specialises in Colour Pencil and graphite, her work has been described as weaving magic with pencil. Her signature style is combining colour pencil and graphite, capturing in detail the personality and telling the story of the natural world. Janet’s individual style of combining coloured pencil and graphite has been described as “weaving magic with pencil”. Her realistic, detailed and gentle drawings of animals and birds full of personality and humour, have won many awards. Janet exhibits regularly in Australia and overseas. Her realistic, detailed and gentle drawings are always of a high standard and reflect her own personality, humour, life experiences and love of our wildlife. Janet’s love of drawing and her rapport with ‘critters’ is evident in her portrayal of animals and birds, either in their natural environment or co-habitating in suburbia. Drawing them in family groups, in pairs of ‘friends’ or in action or play, she captures their personality or “conversation” beautifully. Janet’s pencil works, full of personality, humour, beautiful detail have won many awards and gained her some wonderful accolades. Recently she was awarded the Wildlife Artist of the Year from the Wildlife Art Society of Australasia. Her drawing of an echidna swimming won a Juried Award in the “Focus on Nature” Exhibition in the New York State Museum. Her artwork is held in high regard and continues to forge new ideas and win acclaim.
Janet Matthews is a multi-award winning artist exhibiting regularly in Australia and overseas. Janet is a Fellow of the Wildlife Art Society of Australasia and a Fellow of the Australian Guild of Realist Artists.
Some of her accolades include-
– 2014 Juried Award, Focus on Nature 2014, New York State Museum (top 14 artworks)
– Commissions by Australia Post for stamp images released in 2006 and 2009;
– Several Artworks in the permanent collection of the New York State Museum, USA,
– Artworks selected for exhibition at Australian Parliament House, Canberra 2014;
– Lindsay King Award winner City of Casey 2011
– 2013 and 2011 Wildlife Artist of the Year- (Wildlife Art Society of Australasia).
– 2013- Winner Kenneth Jack Drawing Award, Australian Guild of Realist Artists
– 2012 Overall Winner International Wildlife Exhibition @ Discovery, Canberra
– She has a Diploma and a Graduate Diploma of Visual Arts, Monash University.– Published in many magazines as well as books, 50 Top Australian Artists, Wild Inspirations produced by the Wildlife Art Museum of Australia.
CLASSES- Janet teaches weekly classes from her Narre Warren North Studio as well as runs workshops on weekends.
You can pay your deposit for this workshop using our online application/bill of sale form which will process your payment using PayPal
Or download and fill in and post with your cheque/money order the following document.
2017-workshop-bill-of-sale-application-form-fillable1 Microsoft Word Document